Days after KFC announced the return of its coveted chicken and waffles sandwich, Dairy Queen has unveiled its own version of the brunch dish. For a limited time starting April 1, the chain will serve a basket-sized portion featuring all-white-meat chicken strips, authentic Belgian waffles, syrup and fries at all DQ and DQ Grill and Chill locations nationwide.
“We’re thrilled to offer the best of both worlds with our delicious take on a classic,” executive vice president of marketing Maria Hokanson said in a release. “Fans love our chicken strip basket, and now they can really indulge with the addition of decadent Belgian waffles.”
To celebrate the launch, fans can make a reservation for free through Yelp for a “DQ Date” at 10 select outposts across the U.S. At each restaurant, one table will be decorated with vibrant décor, special place settings, interactive elements and a designated waiter or waitress for sit-down service — but you still have to pay for your own food and drink. Available time slots include 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday, April 12; and noon to 8 p.m. on Saturday, April 13, and Sunday, April 14.
Only these locations are now accepting reservations via Yelp:
- Phoenix, Arizona – 4751 E. Warner Rd.
- Brighton, Colorado – 2564 E. Bridge St.
- Dale City, Virginia – 4381 Dale Blvd.
- Edina, Minnesota – 7700 Normandale Blvd.
- Ellenwood, Georgia – 340 Fairview Rd.
- Levittown, New York – 3095 Hempstead Turnpike
- Middletown, Delaware – 802 Kohl Ave.
- Milford, Massachusetts – 190 West St.
- Seminole, Florida – 10820 Park Blvd.
- Yorkville, Illinois – 704 E Veterans Parkway
Are chicken and waffles taking over 2019? Apart from DQ and KFC, we’ve also recently seen chicken and waffles cereal at Walmart, and Papa John’s is supposedly releasing a hot honey chicken and waffles pizza sometime this year. Personally, we’re fans of the flavor combination, but we’d rather have the real deal (along with some never-ending mimosas) at the best bottomless brunch in every state.
Related video: The Easiest Baked French Toast Recipe
- How To Make Frittata with Sausage, Jalape?o, Apples and Cheddar By RachaelThis frittata’s a little bit spicy, a little bit sweet, a little bit cheesy and a whole lot satisfying.Rachael Ray Show
- Isaac Toups' fried chicken slidersNew Orleans chef Isaac Toups stops by the TODAY kitchen to share some great Mardi Gras recipes. See how to make his delicious crispy chicken sliders and sweet collard greens.TODAY
- How to Make Skillet Chicken with Roasted PotatoesHow to Make Skillet Chicken with Roasted PotatoesMy Recipes
The easiest baked french toast recipeThe Daily Meal1:06
How To Make Frittata with Sausage, Jalape?o, Apples and Cheddar By RachaelRachael Ray Show3:23
Isaac Toups' fried chicken slidersTODAY3:42
How to Make Skillet Chicken with Roasted PotatoesMy Recipes0:47
How to Make a Strawberry Shortcake ShakeMy Recipes0:27
Get your coffee fix in candy form with 'world's first' caffeinated gummy bearsBuzz600:57
Everything You Should Know About Sumo OrangesBetter Homes and Gardens1:03
How to grill fishMy Recipes1:07
Learn How to Make a Delicious Chicken Caesar Salad with Brussels SproutsTODAY2:54
How to make everything pad Thai by RachaelRachael Ray Show5:08
How Jelly Beans Are MadeRefinery295:36
Disney's Magic Kingdom offers a plant-based dining guideFood & Wine1:17
How to make cheddar ranch skillet cornbreadRachael Ray Show2:40
Chefs Share What the Southern Renaissance Means to ThemSaveur5:15
6 underrated cuts of meat to cook this summerFood & Wine1:21
The 5 most common home barbecue mistakes, according to a legendary pit masterFood & Wine1:24